Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Maker Stations are Open!

Today, our first 2 maker stations are open. Now the fun part begins of inviting kids in to interact with it. In my school, this will be the challenge but I believe it will slowly spread. The teachers seem really excited about the maker space.

The idea at this point is that I will open the Maker Stations up to all students. The younger students may need some guidance at first but our grades 3-5 students should be able to work through the stations. I'm thinking I might train some leaders in each class to help the other students. Then they can pass on the leadership to others' in their class too.

I will also make it known that students can come in and experiment at lunchtime.

As for what students will take photos of, we will link it to the curriculum somehow. We will slowly build a collection of artefacts and/or subjects for students to focus on.

 

I'm really excited to see where this will take us. I'm not expecting it to take off over night but will continue to work on getting students to come and explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment